Saturday 27 August 2011

Home and a BIG thank you

Well first of all I must say a BIG thank you to Picto who was lovely enough to mention that I was in hospital on the crafts forum, it was such a lovely gesture and one that made me all smiley. When the news is full of horrible stories, it is really lovely to find out that someone has done something just for the sake of being nice and wanting to make someone happy. So Picto, I hope you are reading this! BIG MASSIVE THANKYOU!!!  I would have PM'd you but I'm not sure you can do that with blogger.

Well I'm home, only 4 more days of treatment to go then hopefully free for three or four months. It's so good to be home and back to posting blog updates using Sparkly Dave ( the name of my laptop- is it weird that he.. I mean it.. has a name?) Being able to post on my phone is fantastic but nothing beats being able to type out in real size and comment on peoples blogs, something my phone isn't great for.

I'm back to looking after my little veg plot and my tubs full of tomatoes from which I got five today though  I'm a little worried as they seem to be full of grey, furry stuff :S I'll have to have a look on the internet to see the possible causes.I have to be careful with mouldy stuff because of the bad lungs but I'm being careful. I'm really happy with what I have managed to grow so far, I've taken some pictures of what I have managed to harvest up to now which I will show when I can stay awake long enough to download them!

I've just completed a birthday commission for a friend of my dads wife's birthday, he wanted something colourful so I made a necklace and earring set using Swarvoski crystals, I'll post a picture for handmade Monday.I was really pleased with it and he liked it too :) Felt really good to make and sell something again, it's been waaaay too long :)

I have once again indulged in my wool buying habit and am planning on adding to my beadspread after my nap this afternoon, I've decided instead of it being monochrome, it will have a little bit of colour here and there, to be honest that wasn't some deliberate change to the design to make it look better (tho I think it will) more because I got bored of making black and white squares over and over and over....and over...and over...

Anyway, time to go, I want to catch up on blogs before I dose myself up this afternoon.. (for any pwcf  reading.. 3gm Ceftazadime 4 times a day and 5ml of tobramycin once a day, at 10am, 2pm, 6pm and 10pm...zzzzz)

LH
x





2 comments:

  1. No it is not wierd to call your laptop a name... but Dave...noooooooo! Laptops are girlies, although when mine has gone to sleep when I need it urgently, I think it might have male tendencies!

    Glad you are at home and nearing the end of your treatment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I made you smile, my mum always says 'it doesn't cost anything to be nice'. I'm glad you are back home and keeping busy between the ZZZzzzzz.

    I'm looking forward to seeing the finished bed spread.

    MMmm are laptops Male or Female,
    I'd go for them being male for the following reasons....

    1. They have a lot of data but are still clueless.
    2. They lose things so it is always necessary to have a backup.
    3. They'll do whatever you say, if you push the right buttons.
    4. In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.
    5. Big power surges knock them out for the night.

    Jan :o)

    ReplyDelete