Friday 2 September 2011

Nom

<p>Now I'm I.V free I'm making the most of feeling ok and doing all the things I want to do while I can and before the effects wear off. One of the things I wanted to do was take my mum to Manchester so she could have a meal at a sushi bar and also sample the awesome delight of a krispy kreme donut, so this morning we jumped on a train and a hour and a bit later found ourselves at Piccadilly station. After jumping on a free bus (fantastic!) we went to the Arndale Centre and had some munch at the sushi place. My mum hasn't been to anything like it before and it felt ace that we were doing something new for her. She loved it and wants to go again :) so that was a success . <br>
Next we went to Afflecks (a favourite place for us both) but, unusually , I didn't see anything that really caught my eye... maybe next time.<br>
We then made our way to Mosely Street to get some donuts and a much needed sit down. Again for my mum, this was her first time sampling a Krispy Kreme donut and again it was a success . We both had a strawberries and cream one and it was so tasty . I could eat those everyday!<br>
On the way back to the train we had a look around some market stalls selling craft items...obviously I couldn't walk past the stall selling handmade glass items without standing in front  of it going 'oooo'... they were so beautiful and I wish I had got the name or website of the man selling them. It made my longing for a kiln intensify by about a billion.

I'm going to put my feet up tmw as I know I ll be shatterd after today and I'm going to my mates birthday party on Sunday. Even tho I'm feeling tonnes better after the I.V's I have to save my energy for the important stuff... its all a matter of balance.
Hope everyone is having a great Friday :)
LH
X

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. Haven't had a shopping trip to Manchester for such a long time! I remember Afflecks well, spent a lot of time in there actually but think it's probably quite different from how it was in the 90's when i went! May have to take a trip down memory lane soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been to Afflecks but love their online store. Shame you didn't see anything you liked. However sounds like you had lots of fun. Happy to see you making the most out of good health. Well done you!!!

    ReplyDelete