Monday 5 September 2011

A bit of sparkle for a dull Monday

Happy Handmade Monday !

It's a very dull, rainy Monday here, there is nothing good on telly so I have stuck on the radio and have curled up on the sofa with my laptop ( I *love* wireless internet- I'm a fairly recent convert to it)
It was my mate's birthday party yesterday (her birthday is today) and I'm feeling a bit sleepy after having two late nights in a row (I must be getting old) The plan is to go bowling later which I haven't done for years. Now I say bowling, but my technique is more of a throw and a hope for the best. Its also a bit embarrassing hiring those bowling shoes... while everyone else gets the lace up adult variety, me with my tiny feet has to suffer the indignity of Velcro fasteners. I think I may lie and say I'm a size three and just wear very thick socks and tie the laces extra tight- that should stop my feet flapping about too much.
Here are some (awful- it was a rush to take these) photo's of the commission I made for a friend of my dads. All I had to go on was that he wanted a necklace and a pair of earrings for his wife's birthday and that she liked colour.. this is what I came up with.


I was told that she really liked them and her husband may want me to make a few Christmas presents :)






I also made a bracelet for a raffle prize at my dads bowling club.My dad told me it was snapped up so yey for that :)

Anyway, I have to go and brave the rain and bowling shoes.

LH
x


9 comments:

  1. Very pretty makes. Hope those shoes work out ok on you - nobody likes bowling shoes at the best of times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to know that the presents that you have made for someone have been well received? And hurray to more commisions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are beautiful! Hope you do well at bowling, it is an embarrassing ordeal for me when I do it! We live in hope though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate laces and prefer Velcro fasteners.
    Well done on the commission, hope there will be many more.

    Jan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, bowling shoes...why do they force them on us? Lovely sparkles, Harriet, I'm pleased the receiver liked them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bowling Ladies have great taste, love the bracelet and your friend's husband will be so happy that you have sorted out his Christams!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pendant is lovely, the colours are great :)
    Enjoy bowling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ewwwww bowling shoes.... enough said on that lol.

    I love the earrings, so bright and colourful. Since it's peeing it down outside right now, just the way to change the mood!

    ReplyDelete