Monday 16 May 2011

day 4

I've been in hospital 4 days now, not a long time at all. I'm getting into a sort of routine- wake at 6, toilet , sleep until 8, I.V's , physio , breakfast, nebs, physio , clean neb stuff, shower, dinner, I.V's ,nebs,physio, clean neb stuff, sleep, I.V's , tea... I could go on but it would be major league boring! I think keeping busy helps the day go faster .
Today my folks came for a visit. It's always great getting visitors, it helps keep the homesickness at bay but there is this moment when they leave and I watch the big main doors to the ward shut and lock behind them that makes my stomach twist, I feel so lonely. I've got friends , incredible friends that keep in touch by text and phone everyday and my best mate makes the trek to see me, its things like that, the effort someone puts in just to make me feel less lonely or bored, that means so much, and I realise how lucky I am.
Today has been really busy, more so than usual. I've had an xray, seen the dietician (that can't be how you spell it?) , did my lung function with my physio ( 1.05 /2- Woot!) and saw a doc who told me my blood test results were fine. It's ward round tmw and I'm hoping to be home by Friday :)
In other news- I've half made a beaded bookmark and I've been working on some new ideas. I would love to be taking part in handmade Monday but will be looking at the blogs I follow instead . I've tried to post comments on a few blogs but phone internet is being very picky!
Hope everyone is having a great Monday
X

1 comment:

  1. It's great to hear you have friends that stick by you through the good and the bad. I can't imagine how you must feel but know there are people on the net that cheer you on too!

    Looking forward to seeing some photos when you get out! Keep your chin up (as hard as that might be some days!)

    ReplyDelete