Tuesday 21 June 2011

Yey!

Now let me start by saying I'm someone who couldn't win a game of bingo if I was the only person playing so it was a massive surprise when I checked my email and found out I had won a Versatile Blogger Award! Am so chuffed!



Now there are some rules to follow if I want to claim this award (and I do!)

1. Make a post linking back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven random things about yourself.
3. Award seven recently discovered bloggers with this award and contact them to let them know they have won.


1... I want to say a MASSIVE thank you to Picto who sent me this award, check out her blog , it's a great read and she has the cutest sock horses!


2... Some random things about me.


       * Me and super glue have a  strained relationship... I once managed to glue myself to the front room carpet. I was making one of those airfix models with super glue and felt like I didn't need to put paper on the floor.. the glue must have gone on the carpet and I didn't notice when I leaned in it, it was only when I went to get up and nearly ripped my arm off that I noticed... oh dear..my mum rescued me by prising my arm off the carpet with a spoon if I remember correctly.. i was quite young if that's any excuse. About two years ago I ended up in  A&E because I managed to glue the fingers on both hands together..lets just say you shouldn't pick the dried end off a tube of glue at the same time as squeezing the tube and not expect the stuff to go everywhere when the pressure is released.


        *  I am massively allergic to horses. I found that out while I was sat on one at Camelot Theme Park. I can still feel the embarrassment as my eyes first began to itch and water before swelling shut. I remember being at a party and my friends sister came home from riding... a min later I had the streaming and puffy eyes.... the shame! 


        * Its taken me 9 years on and off to learn how to drive and three attempts at the test to pass. On the day of my second test in the hour practice before the test I hit a bin van, not a a massive crash or anything, just pushed in the wing mirror, but it was enough to freak me out a bit. I hate roundabouts. I drive an automatic car which I have named Shane after Shane Macgowan from The Pogues who did a song called Fiesta and my car is... yep you guessed it.. a Fiesta


        * I love gardening and always have done. Every year I grow tonnes of tomatoes for my mum as I don't eat them. This year I'm trying to grow veg for the first time. It seems to be going well though I want to pick them now as I'm impatient!


        * I used to write a lot. Mainly awful, awful poetry but there were a few stories too. I did a creative writing class and came top (I'm still proud of that!) and used to go to a writing group. I have a very vague idea for a book but haven't the discipline to sit down and write it. Also my spelling is aweful.


         *I have a very sweet tooth. I love mixing honey and sugar together and eating it. Not sweet but I also love carrots and vinegar mixed together and grated cheese in vinegar. Yum!


         * I love the beach and am fascinated by rock pools and the creatures you find in them. I love watching the sea when it's really stormy and the waves are huge. 


Blogs I think deserve the award...


kerryalexxx- an inspiring read by a stunning lady who is waiting for a transplant.


/amatteroflifeandbreath.blogspot.com/ -      I love the way this blog is written, its such an uplifting read from someone who is post lung transplant. It gives me hope for the future.


With you in Mind - because these monsters are ace!


that fuzzy feeling-  the things she makes with felt are lovely and I always like to read about what she has been up to in the garden.


umbelhandmademania for the wonderful art work.


thiscraftinglife- love love love all the different craft on this blog.


puppyflyboutique- for the gorgeous hand painted glass.




Choosing just 7 was so difficult! 
Have a great day and week everyone!


LH
x
















        

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win hun! You really deserve it!

    And...

    WOO-HOO! Thank you soooooooooo much! Happy bunny just kinda bobbing in her seat here. Thanks for the mention! Now I'm gonna have to choose me 7 bloggers I guess :) *hugz*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to you! Really enjoyed reading all your stories. Thanks so much for choosing me - my first ever award! whoop whoop! I will get picking my 7 straight away x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done - great news for you and your blog! Thanks so much for your very kind words about my blog and for choosing me for a special mention. Liz :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I loved reading your 7 random things, especially the glue and your driving, no wonder I choose your blog. I found it really difficult picking only 7 blogs, there are so many I enjoy reading, I'm going to enjoy adding more to my reading list when I try all your links.

    Jan x

    PS.... don't play with glue when you are driving.
    x

    ReplyDelete