Wednesday 15 June 2011

Gym and website of the week.

I'm sat here typing this with wobbly fingers! My legs are aching and my arms feel like they weigh ten tonnes. It can mean only one thing- I've been to the gym! I haven't been since April, way too long really but a combination of a hospital stay, two weeks of IV's and a cold means I wasn't really up for anything that required much effort. Now, I'm not really one for exercise, its not that I'm lazy (well maybe a little bit) its just that sometimes when I'm feeling a bit lung achy it seems the better option to put my feet up and get busy with the crafting but (whisper it) I quite like going to the gym. I think its more getting out of the house and meeting new people that I like but its also the feeling I get that I'm doing something that is good for me, it kinda feels like I'm fighting back. I've been going for about a year after I found out how well I felt after a go on the treadmill at the hospital gym. I don't do a lot when I go, perhaps 15 mins on the treadmill or bike and a little bit on the resistance machines, I try to do just enough that I get out of breath (that's not hard!) and feel like I'm working. I have to use oxygen when I go, something that was a little bit embarrassing to start with but now I don't care, I've had the odd comment but they are curious and friendly ones and,as I've never been ashamed to talk about my c.f., they don't bother me. I think I'm going to start going more often if I can.
Have just listed this bookmark on folksy, just click the pic to be taken to my shop.


Little Harriet's




Also, here is a link to a website that has made me go ooo this week, its Animal sculptures made from rubbish... Animal Sculptures  Take a look :)

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment