It's that time again folks! It's Handmade Monday. I'm posting early this week as tmw I'am off to Birmingham and wont be near a computer.
Breaking from tradition (I'm all bookmarks lately!) I have a few bracelets and a keyring to show you. I used elastic to make the bracelets as I wanted a 'solid' look without a clasp (if that makes sense) I was halfway through making the green one (it was just going to be plain) when I saw the chain and an idea formed in my head.. I love it when that happens, when an idea just arrives and it develops as you put the jewellery ( or whatever else it may be) together. There is something so natural about it. Sometimes it doesn't work, I've had many a crafty mistake, but I think it's through experimentation and just playing and having fun, that the best designs are created. Something just feels right. Anyway, I am really pleased how this one turned out and am in two minds about putting it on my folksy shop as I have fallen a bit in love with it. Perhaps I will make another.... I hope you like the pictures and be sure to check out everyone else who is taking part in Handmade Monday
It was my birthday Wednesday (the 13th- seems apt somehow) and I have reached the grand old age of 29. It is hard for me to believe that this the the last year of my twenties, I feel a bit sad about it really. I suppose the cf,' life expectancy of 35' thing is bothering me a bit but I've always tried to be a positive person and as I like to think it's just averages, there are loads of people older than me who are really well and some younger who are not doing as good. I'm somewhere in the middle which I am grateful for. Still, I'm not going to turn this into a depressing post so onto my plans for the year..There is so much I want to do in the next 12 months to give my twenties a good send off.
1) Go to London because I have only been once and I miss seeing the sights. I want to go 'ooo there is Big Ben' and 'Ahh wow, its Buckingham Palace and isn't that the Queen sat in the window reading The Mirror?'
2) Eden Project because a massive greenhouse with loads of plants sounds ace.
3) See some live music because my last gig was forever ago.
4) See Lochness (and the monster?)
5) Travel around a bit though I'm not sure where yet.
6) Set up my Folksy shop properly. ( I've already started this but it needs a few tweaks and more things listed. Please take a look here and tell me what you think, good or bad. http://www.folksy.com/shops/LittleHarriets )
Hope you all have a great week.