Thursday 17 February 2011

Bookmark



Here are a few pictures of the bookmark I made with the bits and pieces I bought from the bead shop during my trip to Afflecks Palace.It has metal charms, black chain, haematite beads and swarovski  crystals.This is the first bookmark I have made (the second went to my mum) and I'm really pleased with it. I'm not sure if I should have a go at selling it, I have doubts. I know it is well made and that I took my time with all the loops wrapped but there is a niggling voice saying 'its not good enough' That could just be me being daft and a perfectionist. I mean it wouldn't hurt to put it on folksy and see what happens would it? I need to take the plunge sometime don't I? I can see me making loads of things and none of them being good enough. But this is something I really want to do, I want to make and try to sell. Perhaps I need to get thicker skin and be brave.

It's been a bit of a slow day today, I have a bit of a cold and yesterday decided to start myself on some antibiotics that the hospital gave me a few months ago for times like these. It saves me having to ring the hospital, get a prescription, take it to the chemist, go home, go back to the chemist and finally start taking the tablets. When your lung function is rubbish like mine every day wasted not having antibiotics is a day I could be getting better. It also saves me going to the hospital which is 60 miles from my house, a journey that is a pain in the bum when you feel like rubbish. I'm feeling on and off hot and cold and I'm a bit achy but I don't feel really, really rubbish (touch wood) I'll keep an eye on it and see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment