Monday 18 January 2016

Wire, Pigeons and Squirrels.

It's been a good but busy, few days. Yesterday I went along to clay pigeon shooting with my boyfriend and a group of his friends for a birthday celebration/ activity. Now, I could never shoot anything with a pulse, big meat eater that I am I know that makes me a bit of a hypocrite, but I was looking forward to having a go and shooting the clays. However the weather was against me and we were blessed/ cursed with a thickish dusting of snow and freezing temperatures. I love snow and am like a big kid whenever we get any, but standing in a field for an hour or so left me absolutely frozen and I decided that shivering plus holding a gun probably wasn't the best idea. So I was in charge of the very important job of keeping score, It did look very good fun so hopefully, when the weather is warmer, it is something I can give a try. Afterwards we went to a pub/ restaurant and I ate lots of chips, pork and surprise birthday cake. All in all it was a great day even if I'm only just getting the feeling back in my frozen feet.

Today was a lazy one, I have been wanting to properly try wire wrapping  for aaaages and today I finally had some time to just sit down and mess about. It's always good fun trying something new and I have found out it is much, much more difficult than I imagined but at the same time I absolutely loved it. I have tonnes of ideas, especially using the glass cabochons that I love making. I need to start making some drawings and design ideas, something that doesn't come naturally as I'm more of a 'just do it now and see what happens'  kind of woman.

Here is a picture of today's make-



Lots of practice (and more planning!) needed I think.

Today while wire wrapping, I was distracted by two visitors to the garden. They were very, very cute.







Tomorrow I am going to attempt to bake a birthday cake for my dad's birthday...this could go horribly wrong!

Have a great week :)


No comments:

Post a Comment