Tuesday 15 September 2015

Shineys, Blues and Potatoes.

Well, its that time of year again, the nights are drawing in and I'm getting the urge to crochet something warm and blankety..still, today was fairly warm and sunny so I made the most of it and harvested my first (and only this year) crop of home grown produce.

I wasn't expecting much to be honest, with spending so much time in hospital this year I haven't been able to look after the garden as much as I like to plus the weather hasn't been great, so I was pleasantly surprised to get a decent amount of potatoes (6.6lb!)  There are a few decent sized ones in there but I think most will go into potato salad. Nom!



Yesterday I made some glass cabochons and random shapes, I'm pretty happy with how they have turned out though I'm not sure I have the patience to cut out so many squares! It takes forever and I only have a few hours while the kitchen table isn't in use, after that I have to clean everything away. So I always feel a bit rushed. One day I will have my own craft room where I can be as messy as I want... well a crafty woman can dream!  

These are what I made-




They are a little rough around the edges and I definitely need to get better with my firing schedules (I think they are a little over fired) but I think someone could use them for something, with that in mind I have stuck them on ebay to try my luck! 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/111772669718?

I also did the very rare thing of making myself something. I had made a fused pendant earlier in the week which I used as the focal point in a necklace. It's been a while since I've made some jewellery and I was a bit rusty! So now I have a nice new necklace and nothing to wear it with..of course this is a pretty good excuse to go clothes shopping! I think I should have attached more beads to the chain on the left... perhaps that will be a job for the week!



And just because I feel like it, here is a random picture of some Crocuses that I took at the beginning of the year.  



Have a great week all!

No comments:

Post a Comment